Thursday, September 24, 2009

Rockers

I've always been the one on the outside looking in. It fascinates me to watch people in a crowd.



Recently, on a trip out of the country I was at a celebration - Heaven for a people watcher like me! There were a lot of typical looking people

around but the ones that fascinated me the most were on the fringes. Go figure. I'm sure this doesn't surprise some of my friends.



There were many different groups of young

men, basketball players, motorcycle riders, etc. Then there was the group I'll call "Rockers".



It's so interesting how some styles cross international lines so completely. There's one guy
(on the right in the goofy position) in this photo that I swear lived in Atlanta when I did. He even has the low cut tank top on that I distinctly remember (why do they wear these shirts?). It's hard to tell in the pic, since I was trying to be slick, but the hair is the kicker. I remember in the lat 80's, early 90's seeing Rocker boys with this same exact hair style. The lame ponytail with the shiny, limp hair in front, hanging in his eyes. But really - everything is there - the big black (ill fitting) boots, blue jeans tucked in the boots, the low cut shirt(really, what is up with these shirts, anyway?) & the hair. He is the tops.

His friends have the rocker look, too - but not as severe. Look at the 70's long hair (fro?) stuck under the ballcap. That ballcap barely contains that fro! The jeans & cords, Dickies style work clothes & logo shirts are Rocker all the way.

If I were 18 or 19 again I'd be in Heaven, devil horns all the way! Rock on!

No comments: