Friday, September 17, 2010

What a wonderful world.

I just read a few of my past blogs, the one about getting my one year letter to puppy on the blog(hasn't happened btw) and I wrote about puppies 6 teeth, his babbling and getting stronger every day.

What changes have happened in the past 6 months! My boy has 12 teeth, Yup. I counted them. the front 8 then one molar each side & location top & bottom. He talks now, too. It's mostly babble but when he throws his hands out & up and gets that kind of confused look on his face, cocking his head to the side you would swear that you knew exactly what he was concerned about. He also says cool things like Mommy, Daddy, moon and dinosaur. Uh huh, dinosaur. And pidey, too. (that's spidey to ya'll out there). Puppy loves him some Spider man. And Elmo, too. Now what is it about the love at first sight for this boy? I tell you he fell hard for these two at first sight.

He climbs and reaches like a boy twice his age, I fear his figuring out how to turn a door knob, I know what I did when I could turn a door knob. You don't, do you, well I'll tell you.

When I was still in diapers I would awaken before everyone else in the household, get out of my crib, get down the stairs(13 of them, wood - no carpet on these stairs), out the door & around the neighborhood. The story went that my Mom would call around the neighbors. I'd stop at O's house first and get blueberry pancakes, then D's for candy & I'd eventually make it to L's, their cookies were in the bottom drawer in the kitchen. Luckily all the families knew each other, all the fathers worked at the same place (it was a factory village of sorts) so I was safe. I wasn't so safe the time at the beach when Mom woke up early to find me gone, freaked the he$$ out & sent the whole house looking for me. Someone walked out on the patio to see me down at the water's edge, in my bikini with my pail & shovel playing in the sand. I don't think I did it much after that, you can imagine why...

Sooo if puppy is even half as independent as I am then as soon as I stop nursing him, yes, another blog to come, he'll be grown and out the door, leaving me with my broken heart, stopping in every once in a while to keep me strung along, forever loving him and never, ever forgetting those first 13 months, when life was beautiful and grand and all the wonder of life and love and the future lay at my feet. Or more likely in my lap, nestled at my breast.

No comments: