Sunday, September 12, 2010

WTH!!??!!

I bought myself a 15x mini mirror to, you know, pluck my eyebrows & stuffs. You may ask, "E, why would you so far as to buy 15x instead of the standard 10x mirror?" To which I would have to go into a lengthy response about getting older, losing my eye site, blaming it in the little monster...this in & of itself deserves it's own blog...point noted, new blog to follow...

Where was I? Oh yeah, back to the drasted 15x mirror. Let me just tell you that no one, & I mean NO ONE, needs a 15x mirror. There are things we just don't need to see that close up. You really, really don't want to see your skin that close up. Believe me, I've seen it & it's NOT pretty. It looks almost gelatinous that close, the wrinkles, yea, I said it, the wrinkles, have these divies that look like canyons. Canyons in this pinky, gelatinous, squishy looking goop. You can almost see right into your hair follicles. One word for that. Gross! You even almost acquire a deep view into your skin depending on the lighting, just think about that for a while...

See, I thought because of the changes in my eye site, to be blogged about later, that the 15x would eliminate the need to wear my glasses when I pull the tiny hairs out of my uni brow. The glasses are a pain in the a%%, let me tell you. I have to angle the tweezers around the frames & they just make an already difficult job about 150 times more difficult. My eyes still go wacky looking into this God awful mirror, I still need to hold it "right there, no, don't shake, hands, I've got it, damn. Start over."

What the H E double hockey sticks was I thinking? Why didn't I foresee the dangers, why didn't I try the damnable thing out before I bought it?

T, if you're reading this between bouts with cheeks, beware, warn you friends & lovers. Don't make the same mistake that I did!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, I so said, "Awww, I want as 15x mag mirror." Thanks for the warning. Seriously, the 10x mag mirror is bad enough. I am obsessed with the blackheads on my nose.

The reality of skin up close is the same as the reality of what our insides smell like. Not pretty.

I miss you!
T

Elaine said...

I miss you too, T! Man, I can not imagine what blackheads would look lik eunder this thing. Uber gross I'm sure.