Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm a Wimp!




Before I got pregnant I was concerned with my weight. What 40 year old woman isn't? Your metabolism really does slow down, my mother was right, again.

So I had tried out an exercise DVD from the library, my hubby bought it for me becase it stayed here so long it incurred a fine. NO, I didn't use the DVD every one of those days, even though I'd like to say I did. The DVD is called Pilates for Wimps. So, yes, I am a wimp. But I really like the DVD. For several reasons. The first is that I don't have to go to the gym to do it. I am not, nor will I ever be a "gym person". It's just not my thing & I'm too insecure about my looks & my gym abilities to go there. I'm also inherently lazy & know within my hear that I will waste my money because I won't go to that gym after the shine wears off. This shine usually wears off shortly after that first ball breaking workout. I also like that there aren't a lot of props needed to make this happen. Pilates apparently uses the body as it's prop. I know a tiny bit about Pilates & that has to do with the connection to yoga but I only know a little about this, too. I'm into Yoga but I'll write about that later. This video also has two people exercising. The perfectly fit, young & lovely teacher & another lovely, thicker, more like me person.

I pulled the DVD out & did the workout & I've learned that after having this baby I really am a wimp. I'm going to try to do this DVD three times a week when puppy is napping. (The other days I work so I'll have to take puppy out for walks.) Again, I've found I really like this DVD. It's a relatively simple 30 minute workout, using my own strengths & weight, it's made for wimps like me but the teacher is there doing the exercises so you can see an alternative method.

No comments: